Friday, April 12, 2013

Adobong Sitaw

One of my mother's dish that I am dying to taste is this Adobong Sitaw. Definitely hers is much better but I think this one is.. not bad. 

Adobo as a traditional dish in the Philippines has lots of ways to cook it with. And one of my favorite (honestly, everything is my favorite :D) is the string beans. 

With a little twist, I use tofu than the usual meat they have. Why? Nothing special.. I just feel like it. ^_^. 

Enjoy! 



Ingredients:
1 pack (4 pcs) tofu, cut into cubes
Generous amount of vegetable oil for deep fry
1 bundle of string beans (sitaw), cut 1 1/2" long
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/3 cup vinegar
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
Sugar, Salt and pepper to taste

Procedures:
1. Deep fry the tofu, set aside.
2. In a separate sauce pan, put all the rest of the ingredients and let it simmer until the string beans is cook. Vegetable cook easily, remember to not over cooked it.
3. Put the fried tofu on top, then serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment