Friday, April 12, 2013

Pineapple Jam

I'm more into fiber these days, so when I walked into the grocery store (my favorite one of course ^_^ ) and found a bunch of pineapple piled-up.. I got excited and grab one instantly. It's been a while since I ate a slice of a pineapple. I am wondering how will it taste here since its not a tropical place and its late winter. But, it is March/April.. a pineapple session.. so, it should be fine. I bet it was imported somewhere tropical. Thinking about that, I feel homesick a bit and remember my home country. Tagaytay, Philippines.. sigh.. one of my favorite vacation place, where hectares of pineapple plantation are over sight. 

Anyway.. on my way home, i don't know what will I do with my pineapple. I can just simply eat it fresh with salt on the side ( as I enjoyed and always do) or I can make something really good like what my mother usually do every time we have a bunch and bunch of pineapple from Tagaytay ^_^. Like pineapple jam! 

With that all said, here is my sweet and yummy pineapple jam. Remember, it's pineapple session.. so go and grab yours before it run out.

Enjoy! ^_^


Ingredients:
1 whole pineapple, crushed/sliced small
1 cup water
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
juice of lemon juice
Procedures:
1. In a sauce pan, put the pineapple and water. Cook in a medium-low heat until pineapple is soft, for about 30 minutes.
2. Add the sugar and lemon juice. Cook until thickened, for about 45 minutes.
3. Store in jar with tight lid. Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment